- Sombat: Constitution Court should be removed if it rules against constitutional amendments this Friday
Sombat Boon-ngam-anong , leader of the Red Sunday Group, presented his idea of ... the same sort of democracy in mind as the Democrat Party. Sombat is the exception that proves the rule. Yes, the Constitution Court ... The Thais, too, need the same rock solid foundation. Sombat seems not to Sombat seems not to understand what checks and balances ...
News - prachatai - 2012-07-12 16:18 - 4 comments - 0 attachments
- Sombat, reds stage 'flash protest'
... 2010-07-13 sombat.jpg Some 50 red shirts converged at ... was arrested. The group, led by prominent red shirt Sombat Boon-ngam-anong, 42, who was released after being detained for two weeks ...
News - prachatai - 2010-07-13 10:26 - 4 comments - 0 attachments
- [multimedia] Red shirts '10,000 UP' against blanket amnesty bill
... Thousands of red shirts led by Sombat Boongamanong gathered at Ratchaprasong intersection on Sunday to speak ... the blanket amnesty draft bill. Sombat said the the rally, which preceded the United Front for Democracy ...
News - prachatai - 2013-11-12 01:44 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Red shirts’ mixed thoughts on Pheu Thai and amnesty bill appear at protest
... deaths of the red shirts was read, followed by a speech by Sombat Boonngamanong, a prominent red-shirt figure, who organized the event. Sombat Boonngamanong “People died here” and “The bastard ...
News - prachatai - 2013-11-10 19:39 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Special report: Alternative parties in polarized Thai politics
... amnesty issue. Prominent red-shirt figure Sombat Boonngamanong, apart from condemning the red-backed party, recently ... Pheu Thai is administered as a company owned by Thaksin, Sombat observed, it is very difficult for the party to heed its supporters’ ...
News - prachatai - 2013-11-15 14:12 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- FCCT event: Thailand's Red Shirts a a turning point? An evening with Thaksin Shinawatra's long-time street protest allies
... leader. Leader of the Red Sunday Group Sombat Boon-Ngamanong , who has been a respected cultural activist for years ...
Event - prachatai - 2013-11-07 16:27 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- It's time Thai society started holding people responsible
... "progressive" red shirts led by Red Sunday leader Sombat Boonngam-anong are separately denouncing the bill. However, this is ...
News - prachatai - 2013-10-30 16:28 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Sombat gets a suspended jail term and fine for violating Emergency Decree in May 2010
Leader of the red-shirt Red Sunday group Sombat Boon-ngam-anong has received a suspended jail term and a fine for ... the Bangkok North Municipal Court ruled on the case of Sombat, who was prosecuted for leading a demonstration at the ... at Ratchaprasong. According to the public prosecutor, Sombat and about 1,000 demonstrators gathered on the pavement and on the road, ...
News - prachatai - 2011-09-15 08:38 - 1 comment - 0 attachments
- Can the Spread of the Internet Bridge Social Gaps?
... even in the same country. One of these experts, Mr. Sombat Boonngamanong, founder of the Mirror Foundation, said at the session ... live without information as in the old days,” said Sombat. “No one can stop this process.” Sombat Boonngamanong ...
News - prachatai - 2013-06-20 00:43 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- What’s so controversial about the National Human Rights Commission’s report?
... that the government and the security forces did. Sombat Boon-ngarmanong, a Red Shirt activist, said “I felt like I was ...
News - prachatai - 2013-08-18 16:33 - 0 comments - 0 attachments