- THAILAND: Threats to political freedom intensify with assault on HRD and law professor
... law professor at Thammasat University, leader of the Khana Nitirat, and human rights defender (HRD), was assaulted by two men outside the ... of Professor Worachet, the additional members of the Khana Nitirat, and others who are at risk for their work defending political freedom. ...
News - prachatai - 2012-03-05 16:21 - 8 comments - 0 attachments
- Somsak: Pheu Thai and UDD’s priority is to bring Thaksin home
... are being dropped others are quiet. The pressure from Nitirat did seem to have an impact. More pressure from activists and ... So while I'm waxing on let me thank Chiranuch, Somsak, the Nitirat, Suthachai Yimprasert and Suda Rangupan, Puangthong Rungswasdisab... ...
News - prachatai - 2012-03-31 17:49 - 24 comments - 0 attachments
- Worse Than Article 112
... Here's the point. Nitirat is Here's the point. Nitirat is opposed to laws put in place by a military junta that trashed the ...
News - prachatai - 2012-01-19 20:19 - 8 comments - 0 attachments
- Request to have hearing of Somyot Prueksakasemsuk held in Bangkok rejected by the court
... street front. To this day red shirt mobs as seen in the Nitirat conference still adorn their bodies with pictures of Thaksin and now ...
News - prachatai - 2012-01-27 15:53 - 23 comments - 0 attachments
- Supreme Court gives guilty verdict in a lèse majesté case, suspended jail term due to defendent's alleged mental illness
... bailsman. Bandit wears a T-shirt, showing support for Nitirat law academic group. “I’m glad I don’t have to ...
News - prachatai - 2014-02-17 13:57 - 0 comments - 0 attachments
- Burma: 400 political prisoners still behind bars, says AAPPB
... manipulate people as worthy of censorship. Prachatai, Nitirat, and the UDD have been demonstratively exposed as working in tandem, ... are using against them. We can EASILY refer to the UDD and Nitirat as "repetitive" and "pests" and likewise strip them of their rights to ...
News - prachatai - 2012-02-02 08:22 - 22 comments - 0 attachments
- The US is behind all political turmoil in Thailand
... Thammasat University Charnvit Kasetsiri’s support of Nitirat’s proposed amendments to Article 112 of the Criminal Code, he ... Asia? Clearly the answer is Prachatai, Thaksin, UDD, Nitirat, in Thailand, Aung San Suu Kyi in Myanmar, and Anwar Ibrahim in ...
News - prachatai - 2012-02-06 22:45 - 20 comments - 0 attachments
- Forget the superpowers, we need to pursue reform
... backing Thaksin, Prachatai (direct funding), and UDD/Nitirat. Irrefutable facts. Thaksin's corporate lobbyists... ...
News - prachatai - 2012-02-24 13:44 - 22 comments - 0 attachments
- Over 200 international scholars, writers, and activists support the call to reform Article 112
... 112 in line with the amendment proposed by the Khana Nitirat. In an open letter to Thai prime minister Her Excellency Ms. ... a broad sense. The amendment draft proposed by the Khana Nitirat will address the crises engendered by the abuse of Article 112 by ...
News - prachatai - 2012-02-01 13:58 - 12 comments - 0 attachments
- Protester may face lèse majesté for holding “Long Live USA” placard on July 4th
Nong_ok_nitirat_prachatai.png Thai police ... a former business journalist, is known to many as "Nong OK Nitirat." In February 2012, while a group of Thammasat alumni rallied at the ...
News - editor1 - 2014-07-11 20:50 - 0 comments - 0 attachments